SUGGESTION BOARD - RULES & GUIDES
Welcome to the Against the Storm Feedback Board. Here you can post your suggestions for future changes to the game, as well as vote for features requested by other community members.
The purpose of this board is to serve as a guide for future changes and additions to the game. Although not everything will make it into the final product (due to factors like limited resources, technical problems or a conflict with our design principles), Against the Storm is very much a community driven game and we will try to incorporate as much feedback as possible.
The general principles:
- Please keep the title short and descriptive, and use the “details” section to further elaborate on your idea/feedback.
- Please try and avoid repeating already posted suggestions. Notice, that when typing something in the “title” section of a new suggestion, the site automatically filters through already existing posts.
- Use the vote feature and comment on posts. This is the main way we will determine if a feature or change is highly requested by the community, or something that can wait a bit longer before we consider it.
- Notice that all posts have a status (“open”, “under consideration”, “in progress”, etc.). These indicate what is currently happening with a given topic
- open - it’s waiting/not yet reviewed/collecting upvotes
under consideration - we’re actively talking about it in the studio
- planned - the suggestion will be implemented and is planned for a future release
- in progress - we’re on it!
- done - the suggestion is implemented and released
- unlikely - the suggestion is put on hold, we’re unlikely to implement it
- You can filter suggestions based on category and status, as well as sort them (Trending, Top, Newest, Olders).
Activity Newest / Oldest
I have one/two suggestions for the end game
Bought the game less than a week ago and been playing it every day so far, and loving every bit of it.
I'm on lvl 13 now and I see that max level is 17. This to me feels a little "empty" as far as end goals go.
The replayability is fantastic as far as there is something to be obtained, such as levels and perks, but once that is gone then the completionist in me gets bored.
So my suggestion for the end game conceptually the same, but twofold.
One possibility could be to make "smouldering outposts" similar to the Smouldering city. By similar I mean as a permanent piece on the board that takes up one hexagon. the function could be to have greater reach and/or passive bonuses, for example that it passively draws resources from the surrounding hexagons. To create these outposts one would have to find exclusive resources around the map, or buy them for a very high price of the common resources within the smouldering city, which could make the completionist grind be interesting for much longer. The outposts could be built only on fixed locations to avoid the player filling the whole map with them.
The other suggestion I have is: make the Smouldering City upgradable. But won't that make the game too easy with too many additional bonuses? Yes it would. So instead of getting more perks and more resources, how about getting the pleasure of completely conquring the map? When the Smouldering City reaches level 2 you can start to permanently reclaim hexagons on the map by purchasing the hexagons the same way perks are bought at lvl 1.
Guilherme S. Grittz
Hi guys, first of all: AMAZING GAME.
So, here's my suggestion: when we hover the mouse on a map deposit (for example roots), a window pop-up and tells us in which places the deposit can also be obtained apart from the map. It would be really nice if the window also tells us which types of recipes can be made with the item, i.e., what can I do with roots?
Steam Workshop support / Mod support / Modding Tools
Indication of workers being idle, supply chain with buildings needed included in UI for the
mouse only control; back button
Why is there no Amber counter as a baseline component of the UI? It should be right there in the top bar of the UI at all times IMO
Luke | Eremite
Status changed to: Done