regardless of the difficulty I feel the gameplay is short and I can beat it fairly quickly barely giving much joy in building up the town before I just randomly win, and I explore maybe 4 glades. I suggest perhaps after beating the initial victory to then set the game to continue with new objectives and challenges. Either risk going in for more or pull out with what you've got sort of thing.
In yesterday's Quality of Life 3 Update (eremitegames.com/quality-of-life-update-3/) we attempted to address the game's length:
⚡ Increased the game’s duration (both on lower difficulties and in Prestige runs).
- Games from Normal to Impossible now require 14 Reputation Points.
- Games from Prestige 1 to 20 now require 18 Reputation Points.
- All games (regardless of difficulty) now have an Impatience limit of 14 points.
- The speed at which high Resolve generates Reputation is ~35% slower.
- Adjusted building choices based on the new Reputation thresholds. The blueprint from the 6th point was moved to the 7th, and the subsequent choices were spaced out by more evenly.
- Due to this change, every game will now award ~16% more experience points.
We're curious to know what you think!
Which difficulty do you play on? Have you done all the extended difficulty challenges in the game? There are 20+ difficulty levels, after all, and I highly doubt you can win the game with just opening 4 glades...
I've played through to impossible, and it's possible to win with limited glades if you manage to start trading goods very early on. I often get a patch of farm from one big glade that I make grain from and then trade flour into trade goods to get anything I want, I often get lucky with the cornerstones too. If it's the swamp I just turn the mushrooms from trees into flour and it's even easier than farm lands
just finished a game and I only opened two big glades and won by wealth resolve. all I'm saying is I want a longer game. I am not going to handicap my strategy just to make it harder myself
I'd love to see a setting at the out set similar to difficulty, that would give an experience multiplier. Set it to 12 ,16,20,24 needed influence to win the map. Or the ability to continue to gain favor also for more rewards at the end but with increased Forrest aggression.